DENTAL CROWNS / DENTAL CAPS SERVICES
Dental Crowns / Dental Caps
A dental crown is constructed to restore a tooth to its original size and shape following extensive dental treatment like a root canal or extraction, advanced tooth decay removal or a broken tooth. Crowns can be made out of several types of materials. Porcelain dental crowns, in particular, are very durable and are popular among dental patients because they can be made to resemble the natural tooth.
When they need dental crowns, Prescott Valley, AZ residents come to PV Dentistry.
Crowns are used for the following reasons:
- Decayed, broken, or cracked teeth will need dental caps or crowns to restore form, function, and aesthetics.
- A tooth that has received root canal treatment will need a crown to protect the tooth from possible fracture.
- Large fillings are prone to failure so crowns are often placed instead.
The procedure for placing a crown usually requires two appointments:
- The first appointment includes taking diagnostic models of your tooth to prepare for the construction of the final crown. At the same appointment your dentist will numb the tooth and prepare the tooth by removing decay and creating the ideal surface for your future crown. While the laboratory constructs your future crown you will be fitted with a temporary crown.
- At the Second appointment, which is generally scheduled two weeks after the first appointment, the temporary crown is removed and the custom crown is tried in to verify fit. At this point your dentist will make any necessary adjustments and permanently cement the crown in place.
However, PV Dentistry now offers same day crowns! Learn more about dental crowns to see if they’re right for you.
Following each visit at our office in Prescott Valley, AZ you will receive home care instructions for how to best care for your new porcelain dental caps. Remember regular dental visits combined with good eating habits and oral hygiene help lengthen the life of your crown and even prevent you from needing additional dental crowns in the future.
Enjoy a comfortable atmosphere at PV Dentistry. We have been providing the Prescott Valley, AZ area with high quality family, cosmetic, periodontal, pediatrician, and restoration services. We are here to assist you with all of your dental needs. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
Contact us at (928) 772-8175.